If you have an issue with the WhatsApp group and would like to close it, we guide you through simple methods to delete WhatsApp group.
What is the WhatsApp group?
One of the quite popular WhatsApp features is Group Chat that allows you to connect with a set of people. If you’re using WhatsApp, then you are most probably familiar with a WhatsApp Group. It lets you have a group of people who can chat, share documents, and more. You’d have witnessed WhatsApp group participants and contacts list if you’re part of the WhatsApp Group.
All chat history will be removed from the phone when you close a group. WhatsApp Group pretty recently added few features like sharing files only with specific people, sharing it with limited people, and more.
How do you add people into the WhatsApp group?
WhatsApp Group is a place where everyone can chat with others and invite others to join. It allows only 256 people to be part of the group. Follow the below steps to add people to the WhatsApp Group.
- Launch the WhatsApp app and open the WhatsApp group chat.
- Tap on the group subject. You can find three dots in the vertical in the top right corner.
- Click Add participant.
- Choose a contact you’d like to add to the group.
- Click the green checkmark.
- Click Add Participant.
How to delete WhatsApp group as admin?
It’s straightforward to delete WhatsApp group if you’re an admin. Follow the below steps to delete it.
- Launch the WhatsApp
- Choose the group
- You would find three vertical dots appearing when the group is selected.
- Select Clear chats.
- Choose Groups and press Delete
How to delete WhatsApp group messages?
In order to delete Whatsapp group chat, you’re required to exit the group. Follow the below steps to delete Whatsapp group messages.
- In the Chats tab, press and hold the group chats you wish to delete.
- Click on More options and then Exit Group and Exit.
- Click and hold the group chat again, then click the Delete option.
If you want to delete all chats at one go, follow the below steps to do that.
- In the Chats tab, click on More options. Click on Settings and Chats, then Chat History.
- Click on the Delete all chats option.
How to delete WhatsApp group media?
Admin has all privileges to do anything such as adding a member to a group, deleting a member from a group, posting media like photos, and documents, and more. He, therefore, can delete messages, videos, documents sent by anyone in the group. Follow the below steps to delete media on both Android and iOS.
- Go to Settings where you find Data and Storage Usage, then click on Storage Usage.
- Choose the contact or the groups’ media you’d like to delete.
- Tap on Manage and tick all the boxes you selected for deletion like pics, videos, and more.
- Click on Clear and Confirm.
How to delete WhatsApp group iPhone?
If you’re a group admin, you can have privileges to delete a group for all group participants. Before you delete a group, you are induced to remove all participants in the group and then exit the group. Once you exit the group, you will no longer see the group in your chats list, and chat history will be removed completely from your phone.
Follow the below steps to remove the Whatsapp group on iPhone:
Remove Group participants:
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, click on the group subject.
- Click on the participant’s name you wish to delete and click on Remove From Group and click on Remove.
Delete the group After you exit.