If you want to delete corrupted files on your device and you don’t know how to do it. Don’t worry we are here providing a step-by-step procedure on how to do it.
How to delete corrupted files on Windows 10?
If you want to delete corrupted files on your Windows 10 then this is how you need to do it. We will do it in safe mode.
- First Reboot your computer and press F8 before booting to the Windows.
- Select the Safe Mode from the list of options on your screen, Then enter safe mode.
- Browse and locate the files you want to delete, Select these files and press Delete Button.
- Open the Recycle Bin and Delete them from the Recycle Bin. That’s it, That’s how you can delete a corrupted file on Windows 10.
How to delete a corrupted file on an external hard drive?
If you want to delete a corrupted file on your external hard drive then this is how you need to do it.
- With the help of search, Type CMD in the search bar.
- Open the Command Prompt and type Run in the dialog box.
- On the Command Prompt Window, Type Chkdsk/fh and then hit the Enter Key.
- Delete the corrupted file and check if you will experience the same error as well.
How to delete corrupted files on USB?
If you want to delete corrupted files on your USB, Then this is how you need to do it.
- Insert the USB removable media card into your computer or Laptop.
- Double Click My Computer to open it.
- Right Click the corrupted file and select Delete from the context menu
- Right Click on the Recycle Bin on the Desktop or Laptop
That’s it the corrupted file will be removed from your USB quite easily.
- How to delete Windows Setup files?
- How to delete Broken Registry items on Windows?
- How to delete images on Chromebook?