It’s not as complex as you think to delete a Playstation account. With simple steps, you can delete a PlayStation account permanently. However, before you start deleting your PlayStation account, consider a few things like subscriptions, funds, any wallet, and more associated with the PlayStation account. You will not get them back once an account is closed.
Playstation is a series of gaming consoles built and developed by Sony for playing video games. Modern PlayStations are being designed as theatres, and are able to run movies from discs, stream movies, and more. It was launched in 1984. Among all PS series, PS 2 or Playstation 2 has been the best series so far with over 150 million sales as of Jan 31, 2011. PS 2 was launched in 2000.
Playstation by Sony gives fierce competition to other gaming platforms like Xbox 360 from Microsoft, Wii from Nintendo.
If you wish to delete either a PS4 account or a PS5 account permanently, you’re required to contact Sony.
How to delete a PlayStation account on PS4?
Follow the below steps to delete PS 4 account.
- Visit the Playstation support webpage.
- After visiting a webpage, you will find the search bar where enter Close account text.
- After you hit the search button, you will be presented with a list of many options.
- Choose the link with the name How to close your account for Playstation Network.
- Go through the page that talks about the consequences of closing your account, info like email, PSN ID you are compelled to have with you.
- Tap on contact us near the top of the page.
- Choose Live Chat Now where info like your name, email associated with the account, PSN ID have to be entered.
- Choose the Request Chat.
- After tapping the Request Chat button, you will be redirected to a waiting room prior to the chat with an agency.
How to delete a PlayStation account on PS5?
Follow the below steps to delete the PlayStation account.
- Tap the cog icon that appeared at the top right corner of your screen. It redirects you to the Settings interface page.
- Click on the Users and Accounts option.
- Click on the Users option to delete the PS5 account.
- Once you click on the Users option, you will be presented with a warning message saying that you will be deleting users’ saved data, video clips, screenshots, and login details.
- Confirming this will finish the deletion procedure of the PS5 account.
To close a PlayStation account, you need to have a Sign-in ID and an online ID. The support team will get back to you in a few days to let you know if they are capable enough to close your account or not.
After deleting your Playstation account, you will lose things like access to any content bought using the account, subscriptions, funds, and more. In addition, you can’t access the ID you used earlier to create another account.
You can’t get the content and funds transferred into your account. You, therefore, need to reflect on the repercussions of closing the PlayStation account meticulously. Hence, be wise before you delete the account.