If you want to delete a file on Chromebook and you don’t know how to do it. Don’t worry, we are providing a step-by-step procedure to delete the files on your Chromebook. Let’s see that.
How to delete a file on Chromebook?
- When you open the Chromebook, You will see the Launcher in the corner of the screen. Next, press Up Arrow.
- After Open Files, The Icon will be blue in color.
- Select the File or folder which you want to delete. A small note before taking any further action, You can delete the files in the Download Folder as well. But this action will be permanent.
- Select Delete Option, that’s it the file will be removed from the chromebook.
How to Delete Read-Only Files On Chromebook?
If you want to delete Read-Only Files on a Chromebook. This is what you need to do.
- Go to the file you want to delete, and launch the chromebook. Click on the App Launcher which is on the left corner.
- Open the App Drawer, Next Files Tab and Choose the files you want to delete.
- Right click on the file and go to properties and Remove the checkmark from the Read-Only Option.
- Tap on the file again and click on the trash icon on the window. That’s it the read-only file will be deleted on chromebook.
How to delete the files on Chromebook which won’t delete?
If you cannot delete the files in Chromebook, There is a reason behind which is these files come from Android Apps and the subfolders are created by them. First, you need to install the Android File Manager app which created the file.
Install the app first, and install the file manager app and navigate through the Android folders as well as the ChromeOS Downloads Folder.
With this help, you can be able to delete files and also copy or move the files between Android and ChromeOS as well.