It’s pretty simple to clear temporary internet files even if you’re not tech-savvy. Websites we visit keep requesting us to store cookies in the system as it makes it easier for them to return. Cookies are temporary internet files stored in a computer browser.
How to clear temporary Internet Files in Internet Explorer?
When you visit the web page, the Internet browser caches the page contents to disk so that the next time you visit the page. Now if you want to clear the temporary internet files. Then this is how you need to do it.
- First go to the control panel, Then open the Internet Options Applet Or you can also open Internet Explorer, then Select Internet Options from the Tools Menu.
- Under the Temporary Internet Files section on the General Tab, Click Delete Files. You can also select the Delete All Offline Content, Check box on the Delete Files dialog box to delete offline files.
- Click OK to return to the main dialog box.
How to clear temporary internet files on Mac?
If you are using MAC, and you want to delete the temporary internet files. Then this is how you need to do it.
- Open Safari and Safari from the menu bar.
- Select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy Tab.
- Click Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove All… Or you can select any options you desire then Click Done to Confirm.
How to clear temporary internet files in Firefox?
If you are using a Firefox browser, and you want to delete the temporary internet files. Then this is how you need to do it.
- Open Firefox and click on the Tools Menu
- In the Tools Menu, Click on Options.
- The Options Pop Up Window will open.
- From the left side of the Privacy Icon, This displays the privacy settings in the right side of the window.
- The Option to erase the temporary internet file Cache is at the bottom of the list.
- Click Clear to erase temporary internet files.
- Erase all temporary internet files by selecting the Clear All Button.
- Erase Specific temporary internet files such as History or Cookies by Selecting their individual clear buttons.
That’s it, This is how you can clear temporary internet files in Firefox.
How to delete temporary internet files in Microsoft Edge?
If you are Microsoft Edge and you want to delete the temporary internet files. Then this is how you need to do it.
- From the Edge app, Select More this will look like three horizontal dots located on the upper right.
- Select Settings from the menu
- From the Clear browsing data section, Select Choose what to clear.
- Select Check any of the following info like Browsing History, Cookies, Cached Data and Files included in the list and Select Clear.
That’s it, This is how you need to delete the temporary files in Microsoft Edge.
- How to delete Trash on Android?
- How to delete delete a file on Chromebook?
- How to delete Broken Registry Items on Windows?